Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/beautyn6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-subscribe-sm/admin/classes/admin.php on line 542
Earlier this year I did a post where I share my 2017 New Year Resolutions. This is the blog post I am talking about. I stopped making new year resolutions for a few years because I’ve noticed every year I make them but never follow through. But this time around I thought it will be fun to look back at my 2017 New Year Resolutions & see how many I’ve accomplished, or maybe none at all. 😛
Ps: I am sorry this Thursday I do not have my Acne Journey/Skincare Talk post up because as you know I am currently travelling & I do not have enough time to work on them. I also want you guys to know that these topics are very close to my heart, so I want to make sure they are perfect, & I want to be 100% honest with you guys.
• Update my blog regularly. I’ve figured out a schedule here. So I will have a blog post up every Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays. I haven decided specifically what to post each days. Eg: beauty Tuesday/ review Thursday/ what I eat in a day Saturday. Haven sorted out that part yet so I’ll see how things goes.
My blog is already one year old, & I’ve been missing for the past 5 months. So technically this blog is updated regularly for 7 months. I don’t know, not too bad? 😛
• Eat healthier. Previously I was pretty strict with my diet. I only allow myself to eat fast food every once a month. This year I am trying to cook more often and also prep lunch boxes to classes. And of course allowing a few cheat meals a month. 😛
Pretty good with my cheat meal once a month. & I was actually free of fast food & soft drinks for 2-3 months. So I think I’ve achieved it. But cooking more often/preparing my meals I have not been very regular. 😛
• Saving. I think I am the most horrible person when it comes to saving money. I know it’s a good habit to start doing since young. 😛 But I’ve finally made a local bank account here in Moscow & start saving certain amount of money every month. I think it’s a very good practice & it stops me from spending the money for shopping/eating out.
This is definitely out of the window. I am so ashamed to say this. But we definitely need to work on this again next year! 🙁
• Exercise regularly. Who wouldn’t love a tone and nice body right? 😀 I go to ballet classes every Tuesdays & Thursdays so that’s my twice a week workout. Honestly I don’t have much self discipline when it comes to working out at home. So I’ll try to figure out a schedule & start doing some stretchings at home to improve my flexibility. & definitely some cardio/running in the park around spring time. I cannot wait for spring to come! 😀
Pretty good with my routine except two months of summer, I did not workout at all. But other than that I’ve been going to stretching classes to improve & maintain my flexibility. So I think I did a pretty good job haha! 😀
• Well being. I think I start to realise how important it is when it comes to my own well being. Aside from taking good care of myself, I need to learn how to find my own inner peace & happiness. As well as working on my own insecurities. I feel there’s so many things about me that I need to work on. There’s so many things in the past I’ve regretted on & I do not want to repeat my mistakes again. I’m happy that I am sticking to this resolution so far. 🙂
I am happy to say but I definitely noticed a huge difference in this department! To finally have my own inner peace & happiness I’ve been looking for the perfect solution out there. But honestly there is no answer to it, because the answer is within yourself. You have to accept what has happened, learn to let go & willing to try again/new things in the future.
& definitely worked a lot harder in my insecurities department. Finally told & share my little journey with acne, share pictures online & one of my biggest fear, go out in public without any makeup. Not going to lie, it is definitely very hard but each experience allows you to gain a little more confident. When I first started going out in public without makeup I always hide underneath & hood, hope & pray nobody is going to look at me.
But one day I woke up & decided that enough is enough, I should start accepting myself. So I just embraced my not perfect skin & went out in public. Honestly, it wasn’t as hard as I thought. Even though there are times throughout the day I am worried people will stare, but you just have to overcome it! 😀
• Explore more places & meet new friends. Something I’ve been meaning to do for such a long time. Need to work on my social skills because I honestly think I suck at this.😛
I would say this is half & half. I do explore more places here in Moscow, travel to other countries I’ve not been to.
But unfortunately I did not meet a lot of new friends. Well, I am not sure if internet friends count. 😛 But in real life I did not meet a lot of new friends this year. But, I definitely met a lot of wonderful people over the internet. <3
Ps: Decided to shade this part grey because I kinda achieved meeting new people, but just not in real life. 😛
Overall & surprisingly, I think I did pretty good with my 2017 resolutions. I am pretty shook to be honest because I thought I did worst. 😛 But since it’s already the last month of the year, I should definitely sit down & think of some realistic 2018 New Year Resolutions I want to work on. 😀
Hope you guys enjoy this post! <3